What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants is frames that is surgically position in the jawbone beneath our gums. Once in place, they allow your dentist to mount replacement teeth onto them.
How do Dental Implants Work?
Because implants fuse to your jawbone, they provide stable support for artificial teeth. Dentures and bridges mounted to implants won’t slip or shift in your mouth — an especially important benefit when eating and speaking. This secure fit helps the dentures and bridges, individual crowns placed over implants — feel more natural than conventional bridges -dentures.
There are many reasons it’s important to replace missing teeth:
- Having all of your teeth can make you more self-confident. You don’t worry that people notice that you have teeth missing.
- Teeth is lose, the area of the jawbone that hold those teeth starts to dissolve. Implants help to preserve the bone and the shape of your jaw.
- Tooth loss affects how well you chew and what foods you are able to eat. Some people who have missing teeth have poor nutrition, which can affect health. Raw fruits and vegetables require more chewing. Someone who finds it difficult to chew may avoid them. Other options, blending, pureeing and juicing, is not always consider.
- The loss of teeth can change your bite, the way your teeth come together. Changes in your bite can lead to problems with your jaw joint, called the temporomandibular joint. Losing teeth can lead to changes in your speech. This can affect your self-confidence.
TYPES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
- Endosteal (in the bone): This is the most commonly used type of implant. The various types include screws, cylinders or blades surgically placed into the jawbone. Each implant holds one or more prosthetic teeth.
- Subperiosteal (on the bone): These are placed on top of the jaw with the metal framework’s posts protruding through the gum to hold the prosthesis. These types of implants are using for patients who are unable to wear conventional dentures and who have minimal bone height.
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE LIKE?
This procedure is a team effort between you, your dentist and your periodontist. Your periodontist and dentist will consult with you to determine where and how your implant should be place. Depending on your specific condition and the type of implant chosen, your periodontist will create a treatment plan tailored to meet your needs.
- Replacing a Single Tooth: If you are missing a single tooth, one implant and a crown can replace it.
- Replacing Several Teeth: If you are missing several teeth, implant-supported bridges can replace them.
- Replacing All of Your Teeth: If you are missing all of your teeth, an implant-supported full bridge or full denture can replace them.
- Sinus Augmentation: A key to implant success is the quantity and quality of the bone where the implant is to be placed. Sinus augmentation can help correct this problem by raising the sinus floor and developing bone for the placement of dental implants.
- Ridge Modification: Deformities in the upper or lower jaw can leave you with inadequate bone in which to place dental implants. To correct the problem, the gum is lifted away from the ridge to expose the bony defect. Ridge modification has been shown to greatly improve appearance and increase your chances for successful implants that can last for years to come.
Dr. Mathesul Dental & Orthodontic Specialty Centre in Kalyani Nagar, Pune is among one of the best dental clinics in Pune as we always work towards the goal of achieving a healthy, beautiful smile. Our offerings contain a wide range of advanced dental services professionally and ethically. Find us in Kalyani Nagar, Pune where we have a team of expert consultants.
We’ve built our Practices on family-friendly comfortable dentistry! Dr. Mathesul entered dentistry with the aim to support people in achieving and maintaining good oral health. Being having enriched experience in the dental & orthodontic industry, and known for delivering the highest standards of dentistry and personalized dental care services to the patients in Pune.
We are the best dental clinic in Pune, the best result of dental treatment. We have a strong relationship with our patients, as we understand the importance of a smile.
And we provide the best dental treatment in Pune with user-friendly and comfortable experience to each of our patients. Thanks to today’s technology and materials; looking forward to your visit and to show you the many ways in which Dr. Mathesul Dental & Orthodontic Specialty Centre in Kalyani Nagar, Pune can improve your life.